Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sausage and Egg Casserole


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
I love egg casseroles that you make the night before, refrigerate and bake the next morning.  This casserole recipe was given to me by my friend Victoria.  I have changed it a little bit.  The original recipe calls for 1 pound sausage browned, I use Jimmy Dean Hearty Sausage Crumbles.  This is amazing it comes fully cooked, you just pour it out of the bag, no browning the sausage...I hate to brown sausage!  I also changed slices of bread to using Vienna Bread.  I get a loaf and slice it myself.  In this casserole I also did not toast my bread and the bake was a little more wet than in the past when I toasted it.  Nothing like the smell of breakfast baking in the kitchen on a weekend morning.

Sausage and Egg Casserole

adapted from: Victoria

6 eggs
2 C milk
6 slices Vienna Bread, toasted (or 6 slices of toast)
dash of salt
1 t dry mustard
1 pkg Jimmy Dean Sausage crumbles (or 1 lb sausage, browned)
12 oz Cheddar Cheese

Beat eggs, add salt, milk, cheddar, and dry mustard.  Add Sausage Crumbles and crumbled toast.  Pour into buttered casserole dish and cover.  Refrigerate overnight.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.  Leave covered while baking