Friday, November 18, 2011

Runner Up Best Cookie in the County 2011


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
This was my entry for the Best Cookie in the County for 2011.  It is a White Chocolate Coconut Toffee Cookie.  I won second place this year with this cookie.  My prize was $50.00, I received $25.00 and $25.00 went to my favorite charity, I picked Samaritan's Purse.  I received a thank you from Samaritan's Purse and there was a ps... at the bottom of my letter that said if I would like to send along some cookies to feel free to send them on to North Carolina.  He also congratulated me for being the runner up winner.


  Cally and I are also working on our shoe boxes this weekend for Samaritan's Purse.  We are filling shoe boxes with small gifts, such as gum, candy, pencils,toothpaste ect., for children around the world who would not have Christmas if it was not for Samaritan's Purse delivering these special shoe boxes full of gifts.  We also pay for our postage on line so we can track our shoe boxes and will know what country they end up being delivered in.  I will keep you posted as we find out where are shoe boxes end up.


I am not a big coconut fan but this cookie was really good.  I love cookies with toffee in them.




White Chocolate Coconut Toffee Cookies

2 1/4 flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 C butter
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C white sugar
1 small pkg coconut cream instant pudding
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
3/4 C shredded coconut
1 bag white chocolate chips  (11oz)
1 bag toffee bits (10oz)
1 C pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder, set aside.  Cream together the butter and sugars.  Beat in the instant pudding, mix until blended.  Stir in the eggs and vanilla.  Blend in the flour mixture.  Finally stir in the chocolate chips, toffee bits, coconut and pecans.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (may also put on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper) roll cookies in shredded coconut if desired. Bake 10 to 12 minutes


I have been sharing a lot of Cally's photos so I thought I would share one of my son...Bill