Monday, May 28, 2012

Dry Rubbed Rib Eye


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

What a busy weekend.  I have been working on scrapbooks and picture albums and Bill was going out on calls this weekend.  But we did get to grill out and it was amazing.  I rubbed these steaks on Saturday and we grilled them tonight.  I usually use A1 steak sauce on my steak but with this seasoning rub no steak sauce was needed.  I thought they were a little salty so next time I think I would cut down on the salt but the flavor was wonderful.  Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend!


Dry Rubbed Rib-Eye
slightly adapted from Anne Burrell

2 T salt
1 T hickory smoke salt
2 T brown sugar
1 t crushed red pepper
2 t smoked paprika
1 t garlic powder


Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Use your fingers to make sure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.  Rub the outside of each steak generously with the rub.  Wrap each steak in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, 2 to 3 days is better.  This will make the steak taste like it has been aged.

Preheat grill.  Remove steaks from the refrigerator about 20 to 30 minutes before cooking. Grill as desired.