Saturday, November 24, 2012

New York Cherry Cheesecake


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.



I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!  Our family went to my Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving dinner.  I made this cheese cake to go along with the desserts that Mom and Marley made and the pie's that my Dad made.  I love Dad's Butterscotch pie!

I have made this cheesecake a few weeks ago to try out the recipe.  It was a hit with Bill.  He really liked this recipe.  Cally said it reminded her of the cheesecake her and I shared at the Cheesecake Factory.  When I made it the other night I was out of flour so I just left it out.  I do not think it tasted different but the texture sure was different without the flour.  It was light and fluffy with the omission of the flour.  With the flour added it was more dense and less fluffy.  I liked it better with the flour.

Well I am going to close this post as Bill has just come in from outside and we have decided to go into town to the Springfield City Christmas Tree lighting and fireworks show.  I will take some pictures and post them later.


Update:  We are home from the Holiday in the City.  Wow what a good time we had.  After finally finding a parking spot we walked down to the City Hall.  It started out with the lighting of the Christmas Tree and then  a parade with Santa Clause coming to town on a fire truck and ending with the biggest fireworks display that was awesome....We have decided we are going to make this a tradition and go every year.







New York Cherry Cheesecake
adapted from Kraft
crust:
1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
1/3 C butter, melted
1/4 C sugar

cheesecake:
5 pkg Cream Cheese
1 C sugar
3 T flour
1 T vanilla
1 C sour cream
4 eggs

Topping:
1 can cherry pie filling

crust:
Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides.  Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter; press onto bottom of pan.  Bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees

cake:
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with mixer until blended.  Add sour cream; mix well.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low after each just until blended.  Pour over crust.

 Bake at 325 degrees for 40 min, or until center is almost set.  Cool completely.  Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.  Top with pie filling.