Thursday, May 15, 2014

White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Toffee Cookies


These cookies are my absolute favorite cookie of all times.  

I was in Columbus several weeks back to take Billy for a follow up visit with the Surgeon.  While I was standing in CVS to fill a prescription I noticed this White Chocolate Vanilla Bean candy bar and immediately thought how good it would be in a cookie with toffee chips..... That is how this cookie started  


White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Toffee Cookies

2 ½ cups sugar
1 lb. (4 sticks) butter, softened
6 egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
8oz bag Toffee Bits
7 oz chopped Vanilla Bean Chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookies sheets or line with parchment paper.

Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the yolks and vanilla. Sift the dry ingredients together, then add to the batter in 4 parts, mixing well after each addition.  Add the Toffee bits and chopped chocolate.  Mix until well combined.

Form dough into balls or use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to form cookies. Roll in sugar (I used coarse Wilton Sugar)  and place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.


1 comment:

  1. Ciao Nina and greetings from California. I have never been to Ohio but I hope to one day. I’m crazy for cookies too so of course I had to pass by and visit your site. I know your friends and family appreciate having a baker in their midst. These chocolate vanilla bean cookies look particularly delicious. Bravo Nina.
    I also write a blog about food but with my thoughts on life, family and friends. Please visit. Maybe follow. Keep up the great recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...