Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Strawberry Cheese Cake Ice Cream


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Strawberry Cheese Cake Ice Cream.  Bill and Cally really enjoyed this ice cream.  Me, not so much but I do not care for strawberry ice cream.  I did however like that the ice cream had real cheese cake chunks in it.




I made my own Cheese Cake and then cut it up into pieces and put it in the ice cream maker as the ice cream was churning.  I also made strawberry gel by cooking strawberries, a little water and sugar until I had a juicy mixture.  Then I strained the big pieces and seeds out of the juice, put it back on the stove and added some corn starch to thicken it up.  I then drizzled some into the ice cream as it churned and then swirled the rest into the ice cream after it was done churning and before I placed it in the freezer to harden.
If you want to you could always purchase ready made cheese cake and strawberry gel instead of making your own.

Strawberry Cheese Cake Ice Cream

Ice Cream:
1 Cup whipping cream
1 Cup milk
2 Cup half and half
3/4 Cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
cut up strawberries
3/4 Cup strawberry glaze
cheese cake cubes

In a bowl mix together the ice cream base of whipping cream, half and half, milk, sugar and Vanilla.  Put in refrigerator to keep cold.  Cut up your strawberries and cheese cake.

Pour the ice cream base into your ice cream maker and begin churning according to your makers instructions. When ice cream is about 10 minutes from being done, add the strawberries, cubed cheese cake and half of the strawberry glaze.

Churn until the ice cream is done.  Pour the ice cream into an air tight container.  Drizzle the remaining glaze over the ice cream.  With a knife swirl the glaze through the ice cream.  Put in the freezer to get hard for 4 hours or overnight.

If you want to make your own strawberry glaze this is how I did mine.  I took 2 cups of whole strawberries. I put them in a pan over high heat and added 2 T water and 3 T sugar.  As they cooked and got mushy, I smashed the strawberries up.  I took them off the heat and strained them to get out all the chunks.  It left me with strawberry juice.  I then cooled the juice.  After the juice was cooled I added 1 heaping T of corn starch and placed the juice back on the stove and cooked until the strawberry juice was think and gelled.

If you want to make the cheese cake this is how I did mine:
Crust:
1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup melted butter

cheese cake:
 8 ounce cream cheese
3/4 Cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix crust ingredients together and press into a 9" oblong baking dish.

Mix cream cheese and sugar together until well blended.  Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.  Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 min,