oh WOW..... These cookie bars are awesome! These would sure be a nice treat on a hot summer day, I put mine in the fridge and eat them cold. The cream cheese and cinnamon sugar are a good combination. It is a small treat with a big punch.
The recipe comes from the cookbook Lick The Bowl Good. It is written by Monica Holland who also blogs at Lick The Bowl Good Be sure to click on over to her blog and see her Snickerdoodle Cream Cheese Blondies in the heading of her blog.
I made these out of Monica's cookbook. Be sure to pick up a copy of Lick The Bowl Good, Classic Home-Style Desserts with a Twist. There is a picture for every recipe that was taken by Monica herself. I am a big fan of an illustrated cookbook and if you are too you will love this cookbook just as much as I do.
Snickerdoodle Cream Cheese Blondies
by: Monica Holland from the cookbook Lick The Bowl Good
Monica's blog: lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com
Cream Cheese Filling:
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 C granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
3/4 t ground cinnamon
3/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
1 C brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 t vanilla extract
2 T milk
Cinnamon sugar topping:
1 1/2 T granulated sugar
1/2 t ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line and 8 x 8 baking dish with foil. Lightly spray with nonstick baking spray and set aside
For the Filling:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, whisk together and set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar, using an electric mixer at medium speed until light and creamy. Add egg, vanilla and milk and beat until combined
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture and continue stirring until no traces of flour remain.
- Scrape half the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan and smooth it out to the corners
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the batter, then dollop the remaining batter over the cream cheese
- Gently spread the batter trying to piece it together. If the cream cheese peeks through that's okay, just cover the top as much as you can.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar for the topping. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool completely before serving
- Serve chilled or at room temperature