Monday, March 30, 2015

My favorite Buttercream Icing


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
Yum
I have been trying different recipes to find the best Buttercream icing to decorate with.  I wanted a buttercream that would crust (get a little stiff) well but still taste buttery.  I have used an icing to decorate with that takes all crisco but I just did not care for the film it seemed to leave in the roof of my mouth.  I changed and started using half crisco and half salted butter and the new recipe I have come up with is dreamy good!

It also works well to decorate with.  These rose swirls were really easy to do and easy to keep them the same shape and size.  This will be my go to icing from now on,  If you wish to make these roses I used Wilton Large cake tip 1M





Yum
Buttercream Icing

1 C crisco
1 C salted butter, softened
2 t almond extract
2 t vanilla
3/4 C whipping cream
2 lbs powdered sugar

Whip together the crisco and butter until well combined.  Add the almond extract and vanilla and mix well.  Gradually add about half of the powdered sugar and then half of the whipping cream.  Add the remaining powdered sugar and whipping cream.  Whip until light and fluffy.


You might also like:
Click picture or title under the picture to go to the recipe
Homemade Devils food cake with raspberry filling