This was a quick and easy supper. Bill and I had been at a car show all day and I needed to get supper done fast.... this Skillet Pasta Pizza did the trick.
Here is a picture of Bill with our award. The car placed in the top 40 of over 100 cars at the show. We arrived at the show around noon and awards were at 4:00 pm. We hurried and cleaned the car up so it was ready for judging. Well before it got judged it sprinkled rain on use several times. We wiped the car off again when we heard the judges were in the field. Bill and I kept an eye on the weather channel app on our phone as it was saying 53% chance of rain at 4:00 pm. At 3:50 pm they announced that awards would be given within 10 minutes. The sky sure was not looking good at this point, not 5 minutes later the sky opened up and we got drenched. For once the weather man was right when we did not want him to be. They hurried and started calling out peoples car numbers who had won awards. Thank goodness I came prepared and had umbrellas in our car show bag. (I have everything but the kitchen sink in that bag...lol) It was raining so hard that the rain was even soaking through our umbrellas. By the time we got our award we were soaking wet but hey the rain stopped long enough for me to get this picture of my honey. If you look close you can see the car is really wet but the sky looks pretty. All in all it was a good day and we had fun together showing off our car.
Now back for the real reason I am here...hehehe.... to tell you about my Skillet Pasta Pizza. This dish tasted just like pizza. It has toppings on it just like pizza would, but underneath all that ooye gooey
goodness is a layer of pasta and sauce.
Skillet Pasta Pizza
16 ounces Mostaccioli Pasta
29 ounce can tomato sauce
15 ounce can pizza sauce
6 ounce can tomato paste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles (fully cooked)
1. In a large pan boil pasta for 11 minutes or until your desired tenderness.
2. While pasta is boiling, put the tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder in a large skillet and heat over medium/low heat.
3. When pasta is done, drain and then pour pasta into the skillet with the sauce.
4. Stir the pasta into the sauce and if not hot enough continue to cook until the pasta and sauce are hot. (mine was hot by the time I added the pasta to the sauce)
5. Now it is time to make the pizza.
6. Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella cheese over the pasta.
7. Arrange the pepperoni over the pasta just like you would a pizza.
8. Lastly sprinkle the sausage crumbles on top.
9. Cover with a lid and continue to cook on the stove until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted.
note: feel free to add any toppings that you like on a regular pizza, the ideas are endless!