Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Single Serving Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese


I am finding I need more 1 and 2 serving dishes since most of the time it is only Bill and I eating.

Making the same size dish as I use to when I was cooking for 4 of us will take Bill and I at least eating leftovers for 2 days to finish.  Leftovers are ok but I do not like eating the same dish for 3 days lol.



This Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese was crazy good and super easy too......I like fast and easy!

Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese

1/4 cup uncooked macaroni
1/4 cup diced cooked chicken
1 tablespoon buffalo sauce (I use Frank's)
1 tablespoon Blue Cheese Dressing
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons bisquick mix
3 ounces whipping cream
1 egg
pinch ground mustard
blue cheese crumbles

Boil your elbow macaroni for about 10 minutes.  Drain and pour into a greased 8 ounce ramekin.

Put cut up cooked chicken in a bowl and add the buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing, stir to coat. Layer the chicken over the macaroni in the ramekin.

Mix the 2 cheeses together and put most of it over the chicken layer in the ramekin, reserve a little bit to sprinkle on top of the macaroni when about done baking.

In a bowl mix together the whipping cream, bisquick, ground mustard and egg together until smooth. Pour over the macaroni mixture in the ramekin.

Put a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles over the top

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, take out of oven and give a little stir, the mac and cheese will be puffy so I stir mine to get the puffiness out and then I layer on my reserved cheese and blue cheese crumbles.  Put back in the over until the cheese is melted.


11 comments:

  1. Oh I love the flavor combo happening here! Yumm! This would be a fabulous addition to my link party Making Memories Mondays going on now! I would love for you to stop over! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, YES! This is definitely going on the menu this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds wonderful ... I love mac n'cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum!! This looks sinful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nina, I am not a mac and cheese fan but add buffalo chicken and you might have me. Where do you live in Ohio. I am north of CIncinnati. my blog is www.dadwhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn, I am also north of Cincinnati (although I love Cincinnati and visit often) I am in the Dayton/Springfield area

      Delete
  6. Yum, looks so good I love make and cheese and buffalo chicken. I bet they are amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks amazing! My son would love it. Pinning! Thanks for linking up at Best of the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to be flying solo for the next two weeks as my husband and son head to Mexico for a family reunion...this looks like a spoonful of another kind of paradise;p Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This looks so fabulous! Pinned and tweeted. Please join us tonight at 7 pm, and party with us. I can't wait to see your new masterpieces or amazing classics! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nina, this looks amazing. Pinned and shared! Thank you for joining Totally Terrific Tuesday..I am featuring this tonight! Hope you make it back and keep partying with us :)
    Jess
    LiveRandomlySimple

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...