Sunday, November 29, 2015

Turkey Pot Pie


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Do you have any leftover turkey?  If so make yourself this easy Turkey Pot Pie!

I love having leftover meat after a Holiday.  It gets my wheels a turning deciding what all I can make with the leftovers.  This year Bill asked for a Turkey Pot Pie.  I have tried Pot Pies before and had not had any luck.  Well this year it has all changed.  I think what I liked best about this recipe was that I used fresh carrots, celery, onions and herbs.  



I mentioned before in another post that I have never liked peas, but I can eat peas in this recipe.  I really am not a veggie person at all.  However I LOVED this pot pie.  


I started by boiling the meat off of my turkey.  I boiled it in chicken broth and after boiling the turkey I also have a wonderful turkey broth to make Turkey Noodle Soup with.  I boiled the meat for about 45 minutes then cooled it slightly and it was super easy to pull off the bone.


Did you all have a good Thanksgiving weekend?  I did a little Black Friday shopping online but did not get out into the stores as I had to work on Friday :(


Bill and I went into the city for the Holiday In the City celebration last night.  It was really nice and the fireworks show was awesome!  Santa Clause came to town on a fire truck and he also lit the City's Christmas Tree.


Turkey Pot Pie

4 stalks celery,  diced
1/2 pound baby carrots
3/4 cup onion, diced
1 teaspoon thyme leaves, minced
1 teaspoon sage leaves, minced
1 teaspoon parsley, minced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup frozen corn
3/4 cup frozen peas
1 cup shredded turkey
10 1/2 ounce can  Cream of Chicken Soup
1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)

Place chicken broth, celery, carrots, onion and herbs in pot and bring to boil.  Continue to simmer until veggies are soft.  Drain out veggies and chop carrots to bite size pieces.  (Discard broth or keep for another use, such as soup).

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

In a bowl mix together the cooked veggies, corn, peas, turkey and soup together until well coated.

Put 1 pie crust in the bottom of a pie plate.  Pour pot pie mixture into the crust.  Top this with the other crust and pinch sides to seal.  Cut slits in the top of the crust so that the pot pie can vent while baking.  Bake in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.