Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Gingerdoodles and my Families Favorite Christmas Cookies


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.


I had been seeing Gingerdoodles floating around on facebook this season.  I love gingersnaps and the taste of molasses.  I took one of my favorite sugar/snickerdoodle cookies and added molasses and spices to make my new Gingerdoodles.  This will now be a traditional cookie at my house.



They are so soft and moist.  They remind me of getting a cookie from a bakery.  You know when you are out shopping and you come to a bakery and you just have to have a cookie.  It seems like the big bakery cookies are always so good.


I made 10 different kinds of cookies for Christmas.  Some I have made from the same cookie recipe and just changed up how they were baked.  Like my peanut butter cookies are regular peanut butter cookies, Hershey Kiss Cookies and Reese Cup Cookies.  My sugar cookie is both a sugar and snickerdoodle cookie.  This sure does save time by using the same recipe in different ways.


My Family all have different favorites this year.  Bill's is the Peanut Butter Reese Cup Cookie. Cally's is the Sugar Cookie.  Billy's is my Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies, Amanda's is the Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookie and my favorite, which is not really a surprise is my new Gingerdoodle Cookie.  Although I do not think any of the cookies will go to waste :)



Gingerdoodles

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoons ginger
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/4 teaspoon salt

cinnamon sugar for rolling cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix together butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and molasses until light and creamy.

Add in remaining ingredients and mix until all combined.

Roll cookies into balls, roll cookie balls in cinnamon sugar and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 12-14 minutes.  Cool slightly on cookie sheets before moving to cooling racks.