Sunday, January 3, 2016

Homemade White Chocolate Mocha


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Billy, Amanda and Cally like White Chocolate Mocha's from Starbucks.  I guess I am living under a rock because I have never had a Starbucks Coffee.
So over Christmas break Cally and I began experimenting with making our own Homemade White Chocolate Mocha's.  Really it should not be that hard, I have made White Chocolate Hot Chocolate before, this will just use coffee...right.  Well getting the right amount to balance everything out took a few tries but I think we have it close or Cally says so :)

                                 First I warmed my heavy whipping cream and half and half


Then I poured my warm cream mixture into the blender with white chocolate chips.  The warm cream mixture melts the chocolate as it blends.


Pour the white chocolate mixture into your coffee cup and add coffee


Top with whipped cream and enjoy!


Cally and I are able to get 4 drinks out of 1 batch of white chocolate cream mixture.  You can add as much or as little of the white chocolate cream mixture to your coffee.  I poured my extra chocolate cream mixture into these small canning jars and placed them in the refrigerator for the next time I want a White Chocolate Mocha.

Homemade White Chocolate Mocha

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup half and half
1 Tablespoon Stevia blend (can use any sweetener that you choose)
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
8 ounces coffee 
whipped cream for garnish

on the stove warm the whipping cream, half and half and stevia blend until hot.  Pour the hot cream mixture over the white chocolate chips in the blender and blend until chocolate is melted and all combined.

Brew coffee and add the desired amount of the white chocolate cream mixture (we used 1/4th of the mixture or about 1/2 cup)  and stir.  Top with whipped cream if desired.