Saturday, January 30, 2016

S'mores Rice Krispie Treats


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Oh boy, these are actually quite good!  The burnt gooey marshmallow with the crunchy rice krispies and then top that off with a half melted Hershey kiss = YUMMY!

Cally is home for the weekend and asked me to make her some Rice Krispie Treats.  As I was pulling the ingredients out of the pantry and I saw the Hershey Candy Bars and it dawned on me that a S'mores Rice Krispie Treat sounded like a good idea...that is how these were born lol.


If you use a kitchen torch as I did to brown my marshmallows, make sure you pay attention and do not set your rice krispies or the cupcake liner on fire... I am talking from experience here.  I did set one of the cupcake liners on fire  :)

S'mores Rice Krispie Treats

1/4 cup butter
10 ounce bag small marshmallows
6 cups Rice Kripsies
1 cup tiny marshmallows, optional
8 large marshmallows, cut each in half
16 Hershey Kisses

In a large pan melt the butter, once melted add in the 10 ounces of small marshmallows, continue to stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.

Take marshmallow mixture off the stove and stir in the rice kripies.  If you have tiny marshmallows then you also stir them in at this time.

I used an ice cream scoop and put scoops of the rice krispie treat mixture into the cupcake pan that is lined with cupcake papers.  Make a hole in the center of each cup and place half of a large marshmallow.

I used my kitchen torch and burnt the top of the large marshmallow.  After is was as brown as I wanted I then pressed a Hershey Kiss on top of each treat... enjoy!