Monday, June 20, 2016

Brunch Skillet Bake


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
 

I am on vacation this week and decided to make myself some brunch.  I love the idea of brunch because I am not always a breakfast eater but I am hungry before lunch.  This is the perfect solution.

The ingredients are the same as for a quiche except there is no crust and I baked it in a skillet vs a pie plate.


A fun perk with this Brunch Bake is you can add whatever ingredients make you happy.  Of course for me it is cheese and Bacon!  The egg mixture stays the same but you can change up your add ins to suit your mood.

To spice it up add some peppers and onions and serve with salsa drizzled over the top... this would be Bill's favorite additions!

For my next version I am thinking about fried potatoes, cheese and sausage... oh I might just have to give this version a try this week!


Brunch Skillet Bake

1/2 pound bacon, fried and chopped
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1.grease skillet with butter or as I did with a little of my bacon grease.

2.Scatter the bacon and cheese in the bottom of the skillet (this is where you would put any add ins that you choose)

3. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour them over the bacon and cheese in the skillet

4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.