Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

I could have made a meal out of this Asparagus, mushrooms and bacon tonight!  It reminds me of my roasted Brussels sprouts.

I usually drizzle my asparagus with olive oil then wrap in foil before placing it on the grill.  Tonight we were not grilling out so I roasted it in the oven with mushrooms, bacon and lemon slices.  The lemon slices gave the asparagus a little zing flavor.  But who does not like anything that is cooked with bacon.... I sure do!


Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon

Asparagus, washed and trimmed
2 slices of bacon, cut into bite size pieces
mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 lemon, sliced
garlic clove, grated
olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

cover a baking sheet with foil.  Lay asparagus in a single layer.  Add mushrooms, bacon and lemon slices to the asparagus.  Drizzle everything with olive oil, sprinkle on the grated garlic, salt and pepper.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until your veggies are done to your liking.