Sunday, July 17, 2016

Slow Cooker Banana Nut Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Have extra banana nut bread..... Make Banana Nut Bread Pudding!
Last weekend I tried a new Banana Nut Bread recipe that is made with miracle whip salad dressing.  I made 2 loaves.  We ate the first one right out of the oven with butter... Yum!  I was not so much a fan after the bread had cooled.  I think next time I need to add an extra banana or 2 to the recipe.



Since I had this extra loaf of bread lying around I decided to cut it up into cubes and make bread pudding with it.  Instead of using plain bread I thought this would be an interesting taste to use a flavored bread such as banana nut.  Making this recipe even better was that it was made in my slow cooker so no hot oven to turn on to bake my scrumptious dessert.


Slow Cooker Banana Nut Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce

bread pudding:
1 loaf banana nut bread, cubed
2 bananas, sliced
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 cups milk
1 cup half and half
4 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

sauce:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons whipping cream
2 tablespoons bourbon

Put bread, slice bananas and nuts in a greased slow cooker.  Mix together the rest of the pudding ingredients and pour over the bread/banana/nuts in the slow cooker.  Cook on high for 3 hours.

Just before the bread pudding is done cooking make the sauce.  In a small sauce pan melt the butter and cook over medium high heat until the butter is a nice brown color.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the sugar is melted.  Pour sauce over warm bread pudding and top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!