Monday, November 14, 2016

Extra Spicy Pumpkin Pie


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.


Fall desserts as you all know are my favorite!  I start with a traditional Libby's Pumpkin Pie Recipe and then add in a few extra spices. I made 2 pumpkin pies last Friday night, 1 for us and 1 I took to Lexington for Billy :)  I love taking surprises with me when we go to visit!

This past Saturday, Bill, Cally and I went to Lexington.  Bill spent the day with Billy and his friend CJ.  The guys toured Buffalo Trace Distillery.  


Cally and I were out wedding dress/bridesmaids dress shopping with Amanda, Inge (Amanda's mom), Erin and Emily (Amanda's sisters), Erica and Ashley (Amanda's friends).



We found out the guys were at Buffalo Trace so we were texting them our orders for Bourbon Cream. I was a happy girl, Bill brought me a bottle back! I have tried to find this at our local State Liquor Store but it is hard to find in Ohio.


I have also seen this fall that your can buy Pumpkin Cream............... this has me thinking that I need to try a boozy pumpkin pie :)


Extra Spicy Pumpkin Pie
adapted from Libby's

3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
2 eggs
15 ounce can pumpkin puree
12 ounce can evaporated milk
1 unbaked pie shell

Beat the eggs, add in pumpkin, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and allspice until combined.  Gradually mix in the evaporated milk.

Pour into pie shell

Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, reduce to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.  Serve immediately or refrigerate.