Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Mom's Sausage Stuffing


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

This stuffing recipe is a family tradition.  It was made by my Grandma Sweeney and is also made by my Mom.  Now Cally is carrying on the tradition in our family and made this stuffing for us to enjoy... and boy was it sure good!

My favorite part of this stuffing is the sausage!!  The sausage adds such a savory taste to the stuffing.


This morning Bill, Amanda, Cally, Bill and I got up early and went in town for the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot... oh and Lucy did too :)

We had our Jones family Thanksgiving last Sunday and we are going to have a fish fry at my in-laws today then stopping by my Dad and Mom's for dessert before Cally and I head out to do some Black Friday Shopping.


My grandpuppy Paisley was helping me in the kitchen for Thanksgiving.


For Thanksgiving we had Turkey, Mom's Sausage stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, Deviled Eggs, Green Beans, Corn, my mom's 7up Salad, and my Mother-in-laws Cornbread Stuffing.


For dessert Janie (my mother-in-law) made Apple pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, Coconut Cream Pie and a fabulous Rum Cake ( This was the best Rum Cake I have ever had!!) My mom baked a Mixed Berry Pie and I made my loved Pudding desserts which were Peanut Butter and Lemon (recipes coming soon!)


I am truly Blessed and Thankful for all my family and friends.  So far this has been a fabulous year!


Mom's Sausage Stuffing

14 oz bag Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing Mix
14oz bag Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Cubed Stuffing
1 bunch celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 rolls sausage, browned
48 oz chicken broth
1 stick butter
2 teaspoons rubbed sage
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning

1. Brown sausage, set aside

2. Saute celery and onion in butter until soft

3. Mix together, celery, onion, stuffing, poultry seasoning and sage

4. add the sausage, and pour the chicken broth over the stuffing until all is combined

5. Place into 2 greased 9x13 pans

6. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes

*note... Cally made ours the night before, after mixing it all up she covered with foil and put into the refrigerator until we were ready to bake it the next day.  When baking it the next day we just made sure it was warmed through.