Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Trees


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

This is one of Billy's favorite cookies.  It reminds me of an almond shortbread cookie.  I made these cookies with my cooky press.  The recipe is from my Mom's cooky press recipe book.  The summer before Bill and I got married my Mom and I went to garage sales looking for some household items.  Mom always made these cooky press cookies every year for Christmas.  So when I found an old cooky press (probably an antique and that must by why it is called a "cooky" my spell check is telling me this is wrong...hehehe) at the garage sale for $1.00 I had to have it.  The only thing is it did not have any recipes, but that was ok, I just copied my Mom's recipes from her cooky press.  I love this old aluminum cooky press.  I had bought a new one thinking new and improved would be better, but it quit working right away with the batch of cookies I was trying it out on so I am back to my old and trust worthy antique cooky press.


Christmas Trees


1 C shortening ( I use crisco)
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 C flour
1/8 t salt
1/4 t baking powder
2 t almond extract
green food coloring


Cream shortening, adding sugar gradually
Add unbeaten egg, dry ingredients, almond extract and a few drops of green food coloring
Mix well
Fill a cooky press with dough.  Form cookies on ungreased cookie sheet, using the tree plate.  Decorate with tiny candies.