Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Donuts


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
I used a few of my Christmas presents tonight.  I made these donuts with my new mini donut maker that Cally gave me and I used my vanilla bean paste that Billy gave to me.
The vanilla bean paste is awesome.  I used it in cheesecakes this weekend too and the vanilla bean seeds can be seen all over the cheese cake.  The flavor taste like you have used triple the vanilla.  I love it!

The donut maker worked good.  I used the plain donut recipe but instead of using milk I used pumpkin spice coffee creamer.  The glaze has both butter and water and it has a nice buttery taste to it.  When I glazed the donuts I just dipped the donut down into the bowl of glaze and then sat them on a cooling rack, it worked perfect.

My overall opinion of the donuts was that they were a little dry inside but the glaze was good.  Next time I think I will try powdered sugar donuts

Basic Donut Recipe
Bella

1 C flour
1/2 C sugar
1 T baking powder
1 egg
1/2 C milk ( I used coffee creamer )
1/2 vanilla ( I used vanilla bean paste )
4 T cooking oil

Stir dry ingredients together, add egg, vanilla and milk and beat 1 minute with electric mixer.  Add oil and continue to beat 1 minute more

glaze:

1 C powdered sugar
3 T melted butter
3/4 t vanilla
2T hot water

Mix all together until smooth.


Bill and I took senior pictures for our niece Shelby today... here is one of my favorites