Saturday, March 24, 2012

Iced Lemon Pound Cake


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

I hope everyone is enjoying the March Madness.  My family sure is.  It was an exciting week having 4 Ohio teams left going into this weekend.  And we are really happy that Ohio State has advanced on.  O H I O

This cake idea came from Pinterest.  It was made by Picky Palate.  She calls it Starbuck's Iced Lemon Pound Cake Copycat recipe.  I changed her recipe because I did not have all the ingredients that she used, but I think mine will be close in taste to her recipe.

The changes I made were using Lemon cake mix in place of the Yellow cake mix, French vanilla pudding in place of the Lemon pudding and I used 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract in place of the lemon juice.  I also used a different icing recipe, mine is more of a glaze.  It is the same recipe I have used on donuts in past posts.

It reminds me of my sunsational cake but it holds together more like bread than cake.  It was really good.  Lemon is one of my favorite flavors, only second to almond.



Iced Lemon Pound Cake
cake recipe adapted from Picky Palate

1 box Lemon cake mix
4.3 oz instant French vanilla pudding mix
1/2 Cup oil
4 large eggs
1/2 Cup milk
8 ounce sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

Glaze
2 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons melted butter
3 Tablespoons warm water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.  Place all cake ingredients in no particular order in a large mixing bowl.  Beat with mixer until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes.  Divide cake batter between 2 prepared loaf pans, spreading evenly.  Bake 45-55 minutes, until golden brown.  Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans.

Prepare glaze, place all ingredients in bowl and mix until a good drizzling consistency.  Drizzle glaze over cakes and let stand for 20 minutes to firm the glaze.