Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lemon Lush


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
Yum
This is one of my all time favorite deserts.  Lemon and cool whip, you can not go wrong with that!!  This desert is a nice one for a hot summer day.



It is official, Cally will be attending Shawnee State in the fall and Billy will be attending Ohio State.  So I am going to be an empty nester.  I am not wanting August to get here anytime soon.  But to help fill my time I am planning on helping more and serving in the soup kitchen so having time to volunteer will be nice.

The last 2 weeks Bill and I have started a training program.  Bill is doing really well with his running and I am starting to do better with my walking.  We are having a lot of fun training with a Sunday school group from church.  I am having a blast walking and getting to catch up with my friend Sherry.  When Bill passes us by he yells...... a little more walking and less talking girls.....he thinks he is funny.

Well back to the desert, you can make this with chocolate pudding or any flavor pudding of your choice.  Oh I just thought of one, I should make my homemade peanut butter pudding and put it in this desert.  I think that would be heavenly.

The recipe calls for 1 C of whipped cream but I substituted cool whip in it's place.  I would think if you wanted to you could use whipped cream in place of the cool whip in this recipe too.

Yum
Lemon Lush
Country Cooking with United Methodist Women
recipe submitted by: Rita Botkin

1 C flour
1/2 C butter or margarine
1/2 C pecans
1 C powdered sugar
1 (8oz) cream cheese
1 C whipped cream ( I used cool whip )
2 pkg (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding
2 C milk
1 (12oz) cool whip

Crust: mix together 1 C flour, 1/2 C butter or margarine, and 1/2 C pecans and press in bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Bake 375 degrees for 15 minutes

Filling: Beat 1 C powdered sugar and 1 (8 oz ) cream cheese until fluffy.  Fold in 1 C whipped cream (or cool whip) .  Spread filling on cooled baked crust.

Beat 2 C milk and 2 pkgs instant lemon pudding.  Spread pudding mixture on top of first layer of filing.  Top layers with 1 (12oz ) cool whip.  Makes 12 servings