Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwiches


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Happy Mothers Day !

I hope everyone had a great Mothers day.  I sure did.  For Mother's Day Billy gave me 2 really pretty hanging baskets and Cally gave me 3 pots and a bunch of flowers for my front porch.  Cally and I planted the pots tonight and they are gorgeous. 



Bill also finished my fire pit and we also now have grass in the area where the pool was.  Bill and I broke in the fire pit last night.  Bill bought me a bottle of wine and we sat out by the fire and enjoyed our evening.


I bought myself a new baking pan.  It is an ice cream sandwich pan.  You can see the pan above, I was putting ice cream in the pan to make my ice cream the size of the sandwiches.  It ended up just being easier to put a scoop of ice cream on the cookies and then mashing them together.  This pan is by Wilton.  I used the recipe on the back of the package.  It has a recipe for both brownie ice cream sandwiches and Blondie ice cream sandwiches.  The recipe says it makes 12 but I only got 9 out of my batter.


Blondie Ice Cream Sandwiches
from Wilton

1 1/2 C flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 C melted butter
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
ice cream

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray pan with vegetable pan spray.  In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.  In large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter.  Whisk in sugars, eggs and vanilla, mix well.  Add flour mixture, mix until blended.  Spoon 2 T of batter into each pan cavity, spreading evenly.  

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted at an angle toward center comes out clean.  Immediately unmold blondies onto cooling racks.  Repeat with remaining batter.

Scoop about 1/4 C ice cream onto smooth side of half of the blondies.  Top with remaining blondies, pressing gently.  If desired, roll edges of sandwich in toppings.  Wrap and freeze immediately.