Monday, June 18, 2012

Zucchini Bread


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Our Cousin Dudley brought us some zucchini from his garden in Georgia last weekend when he flew in for Cally;s graduation party.  So I made Zucchini Bread..... Thanks Dudley !!!

We love this bread recipe.  I have heard of people putting crushed pineapple in their bread recipe to keep the bread moist but this bread needs no crushed pineapple as it was so moist and cinnamony good!  When I shredded the zucchini it was so moist and actually really wet.  It made this bread scrumptious.  It also has 2 of my favorite spices in it.....cinnamon and nutmeg.  I also used my favorite nuts in this recipe, which are pecans.  This recipe is a Paula Deen recipe.  I just love her southern cooking!



This past weekend Bill and Billy ran their 5K race that we had been training for.  I had started the run for God program but got too busy towards the end with Cally's party and had quit walking.  I need to get back to walking again as it really does help with me blood pressure and my cholesterol.  Bill and Billy did really well.  Bill finished 3rd in his age group and Billy finished 2nd in his age group.


Zucchini Bread
Paula Deen

3 1/4 C flour
1 1/2 t salt
1 t ground nutmeg
2 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
3 C sugar
1 C vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/3 C water
2 C grated zucchini
1 t lemon juice
1 C chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.  In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice.  Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in.  Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, spread with nonstick spray ( I greased and floured mine just to make sure they did not stick).  Bake for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean.