Sunday, July 15, 2012

Caramel Nut Chocolate Chunk Cookies, the Gathering and Cally's 19th B-day


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Today Bill and I took our Corvette to an all Corvette show in Lancaster OH called the Gathering.  I would guess that there were 300 corvettes lining downtown streets in Lancaster.  Bill and I traveled to Lancaster with some couples that we met at a previous car show.  We are excited to join their car club and be able to go on more outings with this group.  It was a blast to meet people from all over and see all different years and colors of Corvettes.


When I was grocery shopping on Saturday I found a bag of Caramel Bits.  I thought these sounded yummy. They are balls of caramel that are ready to use right out of the bag without having to unwrap the caramel pieces.  So that put me to thinking about what kind of cookie I could make with these caramel bits to take to the car show with me.  I came up with Caramel Nut Chocolate Chunk Cookies.  I think they taste like a Turtle.  Maybe I should have called them Turtle Cookies.  I am not entering the best cookie in the county this year but if I was this would be the cookie that I would enter.


The dough was so thick on these cookies that once I put the caramel, chocolate chunks and the nuts in the bowl and went to mix it all together that I broke my paddle attachment for my mixer..... I was bummed as this is my scraping paddle attachment so I guess I will have to drop some hints for a new one.  The dough was so good to eat and I had a hard time keeping my hands out of the bowl while I was trying to put the cookies balls on the sheet.  They are soft with a little crunch from the nuts and the caramel makes them chewy.

Caramel Nut Chocolate Chunk Cookies


1 C butter
3/4 C brown sugar
1/3 C white sugar
1 small box white chocolate instant pudding
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 1/4 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 bag chocolate chunks (12oz)
1 bag caramel bits (11oz)
1 C pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together the butter and sugars.  Beat in the instant pudding mix, until blended.  Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.  Blend in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.  Stir in the chocolate chunks, caramel bits and the pecans.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Cally turned 19 this week, here is a picture of Cally and her birthday cake.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLY