Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chicken and Dumpling Soup


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

It has been a nice weekend.  The kids both came home this weekend.  On Friday Bill, Cally and I went to watch the Dayton Demonz.  They are a professional Ice Hockey Team in the Federal Hockey League.  Cally had given Bill the tickets for Christmas.  We do not know very much about the game of hockey but are enjoying watching and figuring it out.

our seats were in the middle of the ice rink and front row.  The action was amazing from the front row but it was also a little cold being that close to the ice.



This week on Gooseberry Patch Blog Hop, I have 4 of my recipes that were voted in the top 10.  Go on over to Gooseberry and see all the amazing recipes....click here

On to the Chicken Dumpling Soup.  This tasted just like eating Chicken Pot Pie.  It was a real comfort food. Meijer had boneless chicken thighs on sale this week.  I had never cooked with them before but figured for soup that the chicken thighs would work just fine.  I loved the chicken thighs in this soup and I think from now on when on sale I will buy them instead of the breast and use them in soups.  The only thing I wish I would have done different is to make my own dumplings.  The quartered biscuits were just a little too tough.  I would have rather had my drop dumplings made with bisquick.  They then would have been light and fluffy.


Chicken and Dumpling Soup
source:  myrecipes.com

  • 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 2 (15-oz.) cans mixed vegetables
  • 1 (12-oz.) tube refrigerated biscuits, quartered
  • Optional: pepper to taste

  • combine soup and broth in a 6 quart stockpot, bring to     a boil over medium-high heat, whisking until smooth.  Stir in chicken and vegetables; bring to a boil

    Drop biscuit quarters into soup.  Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.  Let soup sit 10 minutes before serving.  Sprinkle each serving with pepper if desired.