Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pan Pizza baked in Cast Iron Skillet


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

This is the best pizza I have ever had.  I know now why Grandma Sowards always used her cast iron skillet. I think everything taste better when cooked in a cast iron skillet.  So you probably guessed, I baked this pizza in my cast iron skillet.  I also baked it at a higher temperature than I normally do.  I have read you should bake your pizza at 500 degrees to make the cheese nice and bubbly.  The skillet also gets really hot and makes a nice crunchy bottom while the inside is nice and fluffy.


Cally and I made these pizzas for supper last night.  We also added our own touch to the preparations.  We greased the bottom of our skillets with oil and then sprinkled the bottom with garlic powder and sea salt. The taste of garlic with the hint of salt was really good.    We were in a hurry to get our pizzas done so we used Betty Crocker  Pizza Crust mix.  After having this crust I do not think I would ever make homemade bread crust again.

Pan Pizza

1 pizza dough mix
pizza sauce
pepperoni
mushrooms
mozzarella cheese
sea salt
garlic powder

Preheat oven to 500 degrees

Make Pizza dough, We used Betty Crocker Pizza Crust mix but you can use your favorite dough.

Grease your skillet with oil and then sprinkle garlic powder and sea salt over the bottom.

Spread dough out in the pan and top with your favorite toppings (we used pizza sauce, shredded Italian 5 Cheese Blend, pepperoni, sausage and mushrooms)

After you have all your toppings on your pizza, place in oven and bake for 15 minutes