Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cracked Sugar Cookies and Family party pictures


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Wow have I been exhausted.  I am finally catching my breath.  I was on vacation last week but I was cleaning house and fixing food to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary with family.  Monday last week I was cleaning and making about 17 dozen cookies.  These Cracked Sugar Cookies pictured above is one of my new favorites.  Tuesday, Cally and I put together 8 big pans of lasagna and put it in the freezer so it could be thawed out and baked on Saturday.  Wednesday I cleaned, went to a doctors appointment and then finished shopping for my last minute things because we had company coming on Thursday.  We had a nice time on Thursday, we picked Dudley and Rosie (our cousins from Georgia) up from the airport and headed down to Cincinnati to see a Reds afternoon game.  We had a really nice time spending the day in Cincinnati only thing that could of made it better is if the Reds would have won. 


On Friday I was back in the kitchen again.  I baked all my cakes, made my fruit dip and cheese balls and had a cook out for out with family and friends.  It is such fun to have family in from out of town.  Bill and I love to spend time in our back yard with our family and friends!  We put our fire pit to good use all weekend long too.  In the evening we all sat around the fire and laughed, had a good time and made smores........Reeses' cup smores......oh YUMMY.  On Saturday we set up and I iced and decorated the cakes.


We served appetizers when the guest first arrived.  We had Dried Beef Cheese Ball and crackers, Buffalo Chicken dip, Strawberries and fruit dip, Meatballs and Little Smoke Sausages in a BBQ Sauce and lots of Cookies.  Then we served dinner consisting of Lasagna, Bread Sticks and Salad.  After that we had Cake.  


The precious moments cake topper is the cake top we had on our wedding cake 25 years ago.  Everything went well and we had a terrific time celebrating with family and friends.

Cracked Sugar Cookies
Source:  Simplysogood.com


2 ½ cups sugar
1 lb. (4 sticks) butter, softened
6 egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookies sheets or line with parchment paper.

Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the yolks and vanilla. Sift the dry ingredients together, then add to the batter in 4 parts, mixing well after each addition.

Form dough into balls or use a 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop to form cookies. Roll in sugar (I used coarse Wilton Sugar)  and place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack. Makes 3 ½ doz.


Also a shout out of Congratulations to Michelle Hagewood from Just Married Mom of 3 for being selected the winner in the Snap it or Bake it giveaway.  Michelle choose the camera!

Linking up at these great parties!

Cast Party Wednesday
Pint Sized Baker