Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thumb Print Cookies


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

I have been busy on my vacation.  I have made some of my cookies, got my shopping done and everything is wrapped.  I am a happy Momma this week.  Billy and Cally are both home for the Holidays. Tonight we are going to go see the lights at the Columbus Zoo and out to eat.  I will take pictures and post some later of the Zoo lights.


Here is a sample of some of my Christmas Goodies.  I made these for a high school class mate of mine and his family.

These Cookies are one of Bill's favorite.  This recipe comes from my childhood. It is one my mom always made.  You can fill them with whatever filling you would like.  I take the easy route and just fill them with ready made can icing.

Thumb Print Cookies
Mom

1/4 Cup shortening  (I use crisco)
1/4 Cup butter
1 egg yolk (reserve the egg white for dipping)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup brown sugar

Cream crisco, butter and sugar.  Add egg yolk and vanilla, mix well.  Add flour and salt.

Roll into 1 inch balls, dip the cookie balls into the egg whites before placing on cookie sheets ( I use cookies sheets covered with parchment paper)

Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, take out of oven and press down the center of the cookies with a 1/2 t measuring spoon.  Return to the oven for 5 minutes

Cool and fill with your favorite topping.  Makes about 2 dozen