Sunday, September 7, 2014

Chicken Stuffing Casserole and Summer Fun!


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Whew................ where did the summer go?  My summer has been super busy and has flown by.  I have now used up all my summer vacation time and am looking forward to the fall and my Thanksgiving week vacation.  Cally was home from Portsmouth for the summer.  She again worked at Crown Mini Mart to make some money for the upcoming school year rent expenses.  Billy again



worked at Scioto Country Club during the summer (and when he can while going to school) so he also can save money for his rent expenses this coming year.  Billy continued to rehab his ACL and is doing wonderful!  He is back to playing golf so he did get to enjoy his golf game some this summer.


Happenings this summer


Cally was in her friend Janie's Wedding

Cally turned 21

 We took a family trip to Put in Bay


Bill and I visited Shipshewana, IN

Bill and I enjoy attending car shows with our Corvette.  Here are some of the awards we received



Billy took us to a Columbus Clippers game


Bill and I visited the Corvette Museum to see the sink hole

Corvette Museum and the cars that were pulled from the sink hole

Billy and Cally are now back in school.  Billy is a senior this year at Ohio State and is looking forward to graduating in the Spring.  Billy also moved this summer to a new apartment with new roommates.  Billy is rooming with 2 friends that he attended high school with, Jake and Sam.  

Cally is a Junior this year at Shawnee State and is glad to be back at school and being able to work in the preschool where she is a teacher's assistant.  She sure did miss the kids over the summer!  Cally is in the same apartment this year but she has a new roommate, Laynee.

Cally and her new roommate Laynee

I think I have caught you up on the events of my wonderful summer.  Hopefully I will be able to visit here more often now.  Bill and I are a little busy at the moment planning a 50th Wedding Anniversary for my In-Laws.  Today I have baked a cake so I can practice my decorating skills for their wedding cake.  I will post pictures later.

Now for the Chicken Stuffing recipe.  This is a family favorite in my house.  I know my mom started me making this recipe but not sure where the recipe came from.  It is pretty much stuffing with a layer of chicken salad in between then topped with a soup mixture and later topped with cheddar cheese.....oh it is so good!!  A real comfort food.

Chicken Stuffing Casserole

1 14oz Stuffing  ( I use Brownberry Herb Seasoned)
2 C chicken broth
mix together and divide in half, Put half in greased 9x13 pan

Add next layer:
1 pound cooked and shredded chicken
1/2 C Mayo or more if needed to coat the chicken
1/2 t onion powder
salt and pepper to taste

Then top the chicken layer with the remaining stuffing mixture

Add together and pour over the top of the casserole:
2 eggs
1/2 C milk
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 can cream chicken soup

The original recipe said to refrigerate over night and bake the next day however I make mine up and bake it right away.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes and then remove from oven and top with 2 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese and return to the oven to melt the cheese.