Saturday, March 14, 2015

White Chicken Chili


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Yum
Here is another Jones Family favorite meal.  This White Chicken Chili is a real comfort food when it is cold outside.  We like to crunch up tortilla chips for our soup.  I also sprinkle some shredded cheese in my bowl but Bill likes it without.





I made my soup in the crockpot but it can also be made on the stove.  I love being able to put everything in the crockpot and just let it go until we are ready to eat.  I have been having to work a lot of hours again so using my crockpot is a real time saver for me!

I used water and chicken broth paste in my soup but you could always just use 4 cups of chicken broth in place of them.

The recipe I use makes a whole crockpot full so if you would like less soup you can always make half of the recipe.

We have also been real busy trying to get our bathroom remodeled.  I will post pictures soon to update you on what is being done.  We are hoping to get a lot done tomorrow.



White Chicken Chili

1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded (I used rotisserie chicken)
4  15.5oz cans Great Northern Beans
1   7oz can chopped green chilies
4 C water
4 t chicken broth paste
1 t onion powder  (can also used chopped onion if desired)
2 1/2 t garlic powder
1 t salt
2 t cumin
2 t dried oregano
1 t pepper
1/2 t cayenne pepper
2 C sour cream
1 C whipping cream

In crockpot add chicken, beans, green chilies, water, chicken broth paste and seasonings.  Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.  Mine was ready to eat after 6 but if you are not home from work yet it can go longer.  About 20 minutes before eating add the sour cream and whipping cream stirring well to combine.  Mine was so hot it did not have to be warmed up more but if it cools off too much it should warm back up in the additional 20 minutes.