Sunday, April 26, 2015

Homemade Vanilla after 1 week and my YUM button


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
Yum 

Here is a 1 week update on my Homemade Vanilla.  As you can see the vanilla is darkening up.  It is a nice amber color right now. 
I have added a new feature to the blog.  It is a Yum button.  You can find the Yum button under the first picture on each new post and also on the top right side bar.  I have a picture below pointing them out with arrows.


If you go to the Yummly website (click here) you can set up your account and by clicking the yum button on my blog it will put my recipes in your recipe box.  Any blog that you are visiting that has a Yum button and you click it will add that recipe to your recipe box.  It reminds me a little of Pinterest but this is your page with all your favorite recipes in one place.

You can visit my Yummly publishers page to see all my recipes that have been yummed at http://www.yummly.com/page/crazyforcookiesandmore

For my older post you will need to use the Yum button in the right side bar as there will not be a button under the picture but going forward I will add the button to all new post under the first picture.


Homemade Vanilla

1 bottle of Vodka (or Brandy, Bourbon,Rum)
5 vanilla beans

pour off a little of the Vodka to make room in the bottle for the vanilla beans.  You can either cut them into pieces or take a knife a little ways down from each end split the bean to the goodies inside can infuse in the vodka.  Give your bottle a once over every few days and after 6 to 8 weeks your Homemade Vanilla will be ready to use.