Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Strawberry Vodka


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Here is my Strawberry Vodka after 3 days.  Oh WOW the red color is beautiful and the smell is AMAZING!



It smells like strawberry shortcake.  I wonder though if it is because I used whipped vodka instead of plain vodka.  That might be why I am getting the smell of shortcake.  I am going to try this out tomorrow night in a Strawberry Vodka Limeade.  Stay tuned to see how it turns out.....

Tonight I strained my strawberry vodka through a strainer to get the big strawberries out.  Then I was going to use a coffee filter but could not find them ( I may have thrown them out when I got my Keurig)  So I used my little filter from my Keurig (the one I use if I put in my own coffee and do not use a K cup)  This little filter had tiny holes in it to catch the seeds and other floaters off of the berries.

Strawberry Vodka

2 cups fresh strawberries hulled
1 1/2 cups vodka

Wash and hull berries and cut up if needed.  Place into a glass container with a lid.  Pour Vodka over berries and place in a dark cool spot for 3 days.  After 3 days open container and see if the flavor is as strong as you want.  The berries will start to loose their color as they seep into the vodka.  After the flavor has reached the desired strength, drain the vodka through a coffee filer into a new container. The filter will help get any strawberry pieces out of the vodka.  Enjoy!

***note, you may use any amount of berries and vodka depending on your jar size

Day 1