Friday, June 5, 2015

Sweet Dressing Macaroni Salad


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.


I love making Sweet Dressing Macaroni Salad for our cookouts.  I use this same dressing on slaw and broccoli Cauliflower Salad.

It is a little different than traditional Macaroni salad as of course it is sweet, I do not add celery, peppers, pickles or onion.  I do add a little onion powder into my sweet dressing.  I just do not like crunchy veggies in my macaroni salad.  Mine is pretty much just the basics, macaroni, boiled eggs and dressing :)

Sweet Dressing Macaroni Salad

Macaroni Salad:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
9 eggs, hard boiled
Dressing:
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup miracle whip
1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup half and half

Cook macaroni until just tender (about 12 minutes), drain.  Cut up hard boiled eggs and add to macaroni,

Stir sugar, salad dressing, mustard, onion powder, vinegar and half and half until well combined. Pour over macaroni/egg mixture and stir to coat.