Thursday, February 11, 2016

Bourbon Caramel Brownie Sundae


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

I can sum up these Bourbon Brownies with one word---- AWESOME!


The Bourbon Caramel sauce that I drizzled over the brownies after baking them is so decadent.  I could eat it alone by the spoonful.  I think the bourbon caramel keeps the brownies ooey and gooey good!


This past weekend Bill, Cally and I went to see Billy and Amanda in Kentucky.  Billy and Amanda took us to tour the Four Roses Bourbon Distillery.  Bill and I are really enjoying the Bourbon Trail.


Here we are touring the Fermenting Room.  I love the Four Roses in the corner of the roof line.


Another Fermenting Room picture. It was neat seeing the fermentation process going on.  The mixture was bubbling up and popping.  It looked like it was boiling but it actually was not.


Here is Billy and Amanda out in front of the Distillery 


This is Cally at the Kentucky Horse Park



This dessert came about by a suggestion from our tour guide at Four Roses.  She said you ought to try making brownies with bourbon.  The bourbon will bake off so she suggested to take caramel and add bourbon to it, then after brownies are done baking, poke holes all over the top.  Pour the bourbon caramel over the top of the brownies and it will soak down into the holes.  Next you will be speechless when you take a bite of these brownies.... or I was from putting more brownies in my mouth!  I could not stop eating these brownies.  This bourbon caramel is so delicious!


After tasting these brownies I decided they really needed ice cream over them.  So the Bourbon Caramel Brownie Sundae was born.  When assembling the sundae, I used just plain caramel sauce drizzled over my ice cream but I think next time I am going to also make this caramel with the added bourbon.


Bourbon Caramel Brownie Sundae

1 box brownie mix made per package directions except substitute bourbon in place of the water.  

After brownies are baked, poke holes all over the top of the brownies.  Mix together 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping (or more if you desire) with 1 Tablespoon Bourbon.  Pour the bourbon caramel over the to of the brownies letting it soak down into the holes.  

You can use your brownies warm or let them cool.  You can eat just the brownies or you can make sundaes with them.  Oh heck you could even throw on a layer of chocolate icing... I am going to have to try this next time!