Friday, May 13, 2016

Chicken and Veggie Shish Kabobs


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

It is grilling time!!!  I love to cook on the grill.  It is also a plus to be able to fix everything on the grill that equals less clean up and I am all for that!

Before I get back to the grill... hehehe..... I have been missing this past week.  There is a reason for this,  I was in Portsmouth for Cally's graduation from Shawnee State University and we also moved her back home to Springfield last weekend.  It has been a big week of putting stuff away and making room for Cally again since she has been away for 4 years.




I could not imagine moving after we have lived in our current house for 23 years, moving Cally out of an apartment after 4 years was overwhelming!  Now trying to find somewhere to put everything has been crazy.  We have part of it in my sisters garage and part of it here.  Then when our new garage is built we get to move it all here to our house.


That will be a little bit yet as here is the new garage as of yesterday and since the county has rejected our building permit (insert madness) we are now behind schedule.


Now back to the grilling..... I have always drooled over seeing pictures of Shish Kabobs.  For some reason they just look amazing to me, maybe it is the colors or just food on a stick.


The reason I put all the like food on the same stick is, I heard they will all cook at different times so to make sure everything is cooked through to put like foods together.  That way if you need to you can remove say the mushrooms if they are done before the chicken.  However, I removed everything from the grill at the same time so maybe there is not logic to that???

Feel free to marinate or BBQ your food as it cooks on the grill.  I just kept spraying mine with some butter cooking spray to keep everything moist.  I have since cooked potatoes again on the grill and I kept slathering them with garlic butter as they cooked.


Chicken and Veggie Shish Kabobs

skewers  (if using wooden skewers soak them in water before using)
chicken
whole mushrooms
small potatoes (new potatoes)
Peppers (green, red, yellow, orange)

If needed, cut food into bite size pieces.  Slide food on skewers.  Put food skewers on hot grill and cook until desired doneness while turning the skewers over every once in awhile.  I grilled all my skewers for about 30 minutes but this will depend on how hot your grill gets.

To keep food moist I sprayed mine each time I turned it over with butter cooking spray.  You could also brush on garlic butter, butter or bbq sauce while cooking.