Saturday, April 8, 2017

Mexican Chili


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.


I am still here :)  I bet you were beginning to wonder.  We are still putting the finishing touches and doing some trim work on our kitchen remodel.

Now we are in the middle of helping Cally with a remodel.  Cally bought a house a few weeks ago. The first night Bill, Cally, my Mom and I started ripping the old laminate floors up in her new house. Oh boy was there a surprise waiting for us..... under the kitchen flooring there was nasty water clear across the kitchen and it sure did stink.


Here is after we had cleaned up all the old flooring and this is the start of us installing the new floor.


Here is the skid of flooring that Cally bought for her new house.  Last night her and Bill finished laying the floor and she ends up with 4 boxes to return.... that is a lot of flooring!

We have since asked the previous owner and she has no clue why there would have been water under the flooring.  However she was renting the house out so who knows what happened for sure.  We feel that since the hot water tank was replaced in January that it might have busted causing the kitchen to flood then the water got trapped under the laminate and there it stayed until we ripped the floor up.


The above picture is a picture of the laundry room.  Most of the house was this really dark red color.


Cally and I hung wallpaper on the back wall of her laundry room.  


It turned out really cute!  We are excited to work on the laundry room some more tomorrow.  She is going to have a cabinet hung in the center with shelves on both sides... stay tuned for more laundry room updates.


Billy and Amanda came home last weekend.  Since they will be unable to travel home again for Easter we had our Easter dinner last Saturday.  Here are the desserts that my Mother-in-law and I made.


Our new table that you might remember seeing is too small to seat all of us.  Bill and I came up with an idea to make the table top larger.  We laid a piece of plywood that was 84" x 48" on top and placed 1 x 4 inch boards on the bottom along all sides.  I was worried that it could tip if someone pushed on the end but the plywood was so heavy and with the 1 x 4's along the sides it did not move.  I also put a blanket (it is gray in the picture) between my table and the plywood.


It was perfect and we easily sat 7 of us and I think we could sit 10 but it would be a little tight.  I was wanting to be able to sit 8 comfortably and that we accomplished!  After dinner we just lift the top off and store it in the garage until the next big dinner we have.


I just have so much to catch you up on that I almost forgot this is a post for Mexican Chili.....

This was a supper that I threw together and put in the slow cooker so we could eat supper at Cally's house this week.  I have been trying to take supper with me so we do not have to stop early and come home.  This way we take a break and eat supper then continue to work until 8:30 or so.

Mexican Chili  

2 pounds hamburger, browned and drained
5.25 oz can black beans
5.50 oz can dark kidney beans

5.50 oz can pinto beans
5.50 oz can chili beans
15 oz can tomato sauce
28 oz can Rotel tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
2 1/2 Cup water
2 teaspoons beef soup base

1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cumin

Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  Serve with cheese and tortilla chips..... enjoy!