Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Crock pot Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

Yum
I have another crock pot cheesecake for you.  This one has a hint of peanut butter in the cheesecake and is topped with gooey hot fudge topping and cut up Reese Cups...... Oh my!





In the above picture you can see the peanut butter layer between the crust and cheesecake.  I put a heaping 1/4 C of peanut butter in the microwave for 8 seconds or until it is a little runny.  Then spread the peanut butter over the graham cracker crust.  This layer of peanut butter adds a big punch to the flavor of the cheesecake.


Crock pot Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

For the Crust:
3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt 
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 heaping cup of peanut butter
For the Filling:
2 pkg cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 C sugar
1/4 C flour
1 T vanilla
1/4 C heavy whipping cream
2 eggs
Topping
1/4 C hot fudge topping
chopped Reese Cups

crust:
Cover the bottom and up the sides of your 6 inch spring form pan with foil, set aside.  Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar,salt and melted butter; press onto bottom of pan. 

microwave a heaping 1/4 C peanut butter for about 8 seconds or until thin enough to pour. Smooth the peanut butter over the graham cracker crust.

cake:
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with mixer until blended.  Add whipping cream; mix well.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low after each just until blended. Pour over peanut butter layer.

Make a ring with foil and place in the bottom of your crock pot.  Sit the spring form pan filled with cheesecake mixture on top of foil ring.  Add about 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the crock pot  Take 3 to 4 paper towels and place over the top of your crock pot, now place the lid on top of the towels (this will keep the moisture on the underneath side of the lid to drip onto your cheese cake as it bakes). 

Turn the crock pot on high and let it go without peeking for 2 hours.  Then turn the crock pot off and let sit for an hour.  The cheesecake is now done and ready to chill.  Place the cheesecake still in the spring form pan into the refrigerator to get cold.  After it has chilled to your liking, run a knife around the edges to loosen the cheesecake before removing the ring around your spring form pan.  Microwave the hot fudge topping and spread over top of cheesecake.  Garnish with chopped Reese Cups

You Might Also Like:





27 comments:

  1. Who knew you could make cheesecake in a crockpot? This looks fabulous! Stopping by from Best of the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew you could make a cheesecake in the Crockpot! I'm going to have to try this! My hubby would love a peanut butter cup cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this looks amazing! I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing on the Monday Funday Party. Pinning to our Monday Funday Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made a cheesecake in a crockpot. I will have to give this a try.The peanut butter cheesecake sounds sooo delicious. Found this at Treasure Box Tuesday, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never thought about using crockpot for cheesecake. It would be great during summer when you hate to use the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?! This sounds ridiculous...ridiculously good. I've never thought or of seen a recipe for baking a cheesecake in a crock pot. I have to try this. I'm pinning for later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cheesecake looks so yummy! I wish you'd stop by the Totally Terrific Tuesday Link Party this week and share with us. The party is going on now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheesecake in a crockpot! My mind is still coming to grips with that. This cheesecake looks amazing! I'd love if you shared this at our Show Me Saturday link party. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, in the crockpot!! This is amazing! Pinned!! I have to try this asap! :-) Stopping over from Whimsey Wednesday!
    Cathy@ three kids and a fish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing! I love making homemade cheesecake but have never tried baking one in the crock pot.. can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm beginning to think what can't you make in a crock pot? I'm loving this cheesecake! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How gorgeous is this! Wow. If you haven't stopped by today's Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop on Ducks 'n a Row, please do. Everyone will LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea you could make cheese cake in the slow cooker! Oh my goodness! Life changed.
    Visiting from http://www.andieconn.com/overcoming-joylessness-interview-shannon-parkison/ and would love a visit back (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting cheesecake recipe Nina and your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your crockpot peanut butter cup cheesecake with us at the Creative Ways Link Party!

    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing!! I would love for you to share them On My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday - Link Party, it's going on now!! I would love to have you!!
    http://www.cookinandcraftin.com/my-2-favorite-things-on-thursday-link-party7/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I would never think to do this in a crockpot!!!! Your cheesecake looks and sounds absolutely fabulous!!!! Wish I had a slice (or two!) for dessert tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds delicious! Love the idea to make cheesecake in the crockpot! Visiting from Foodie Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. okay- so now I am wishing I had a ROUND crockpot! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have heard about making cheesecake in the slow cooker, but never tried it. This is on the short list of things to make! Thanks so much for linking to the This Is How We Roll Thursday link party! I can't wait to see what you share next week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks incredible! I'm licking my lips right now. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for taking the time to party with us. We hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. It wouldn't be a party without you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving everything about this recipe! I love cheesecake, I love peanut butter cups, and I love cooking with a crock pot! Thanks for sharing this fantastic dessert at The Pin Junkie. It's one of the features at this week's party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to eat and bake cheesecakes! This looks delicious. :) Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We'd love to have you for a visit. The Door Opens FRIDAY. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/02/26/home-matters-linky-party-26/ :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Are you using cold or hot water. 2 hrs doesn't seem to be enough time for cold water.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Where have you been hiding? How did I not know about your blog until now??! Found you over at the Gooseberry Patch recipe share. I'm a huge crockpot fanatic! Following 😀

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...