Monday, November 21, 2016

Boozy Pumpkin Streusel Pie


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.


As promised, well almost, I have a Boozy Pumpkin Streusel Pie.  I did not find the pumpkin cream I was wanting to use but I came up with an even better idea!
I made this luscious Pumpkin Pie with Egg Nog and Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream.... YUMMY!


 As an added bonus I topped the Pie with a Cinnamon Streusel... Oh now what is not to love about this pie?????


My pie is creamier than a regular pumpkin pie but has a crunch from the streusel topping.  In the above pictures I used spray can whipped topping but I think the pie would be best served with whipping cream that is whipped with some bourbon cream.


On an exciting note.... I have an announcement...... Cally has accepted a Kindergarten position at a local school here in Springfield.  Bill and I are proud and excited for this next chapter in her life.


In case I do not get to post again before Thanksgiving, I want to wish You and Your families a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving from my Family.

Boozy Pumpkin Streusel Pie

Pie
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
15 ounce can pumpkin
1 cup egg nog
4 tablespoons bourbon cream  (I used Buffalo Trace)
1 unbaked pie shell

streusel
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Beat eggs, add pumpkin and sugar, mix well.  Mix in the remaining ingredients and pour into an unbaked pie shell.

Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.  Turn heat down to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes.

Mix together the streusel ingredients with a pasty knife until it's nice and crumbly.

Carefully take the pie out of the oven and sprinkle the top with the streusel.  Return the pie to the oven for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Allow pie to cool then place pie in refrigerator until ready to eat.